Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Abyss

Ahhh I do love acting on impulse.
I got myself a nice SLR on eBay on Thursday night, and it arrived today.
It is quite the sexy beast.
It has a really lovely Sigma lens on it which has, what we can only refer to as, SUPERZOOOOOM. I don't know if it counts as macro. It's just SUPERZOOOOOM. I tried it out on my 400D (The SLR is an EOS 5) and it worked alright for a bit but then I got an error and it didn't seem to like it = /.
I'm going to start off using black and white film, everything looks better in black and white so it should be easier to get nice shots hehe.
Oh, I've named the EOS 5 The Abyss. It just sounds right. Its lens is called Big Daddy (not very original but mleh)
Anyway, photos of the new arrival! (And the 400D. And me)


















My brother loading the film, I thought I might break it =P





























































Me, looking raaather pleased with my purchase, and the Canon crew

2 comments:

Imogen Blake said...

It is rather sexy to the max.

aristarionne said...

O Crap, Grace. You copied me and you're going to be ten thousand times better. I WAS going film FIRST *sticks tongue out*
you still have a digital slr though. I can't win.

it the EOS 5 pretty new? I'm using my dad's old EOS 500, the thing that got me started when I used it back in 2004. So did you buy black and white film? That's not a bad idea at all. HEY. If you learn to develop film, please swap advice with me muchly. I'm working on getting some real darkroom action, soon-ish hopefully.

congrats on the new baby! may it be the bundle of joy you've always wanted to get off e-bay!

yours,
ella