Friday, August 29, 2008

London

Ahhh London.
I recently seemed to have misplaced my photography mojo and thus decided to take a trip to the fine city and see if I might find it anywhere about the place.
I looked pretty much EVERYWHERE and discovered a few things: Walking in the direction of shiny buildings is a good idea; Buying incense from Camden for a pound is a bad idea; There's a beach right in the heart of the city, by the Thames of course, but it looks and smells and feels like a beach, and it is MOST odd to see London's famous skyline on the horizon as you stand with the shore lapping upon the pebbles; People WILL give you funny looks for doing certain things but it really doesn't matter; The standard size of a Sainsbury's is purely an opinion that varies from person to person; Pavements will try and steal your shoes.

So did I find my mojo? That I don't know. Whilst snapping away I never thought "Ooh, this is it! This is THE shot." But I certainly came back with a few I now love, a gorgeous Hamleys bear, a lungful of city air (yum yum) and the huge desire to return sometime soon, for more reasons than I've mentioned here ;)






























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































I love this one; I just find it hilarious ^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say the normal size of a Sainsbury's depends on where you live XD

Middle of City = tiiiny
Everywhere else = massive.. or 'normal' bwahaha

London rules ;)

Anonymous said...

This is Lizzy btw, I just can't be bothered to sign in...
Love all the pics, glad you had a great time!
xx