Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fallink in luff again

I don't think I've been as pleased with how my photos have turned out since...God, I don't even know. Whenever I looked at my camera I just felt all "What's the point? I'll spend ages taking photos, editing them, and I won't even like the result"
But not today, me babbers! I likey the results very mucho = ).
I woke up and saw that it was all cloudy and raining, meaning the light was all...hum, what's the word? Sort of spread out. (Update: The word is diffused =D) Anyway, it was coming through the curtains and looked pretty. Before I knew it there were sheets and white flowingnesses everywhere which made for really neutral photos which meant I could edit them in just about anyway I wanted. So here they are!
























Probably the least edited, just played with curves to contrast, converted to black and white and added red and yellow to the shadows for a slight sepia.

















Can't actually remember what I did to this, although I know I used spotlight doodahs, a peachy one in the bottom right and a grey/brown one in the top left.




















Really annoyed that I chopped the top of my head of in this one..
Although it looks light a black and white, I only actually took the red out of it. Cropped, obviously, and slightly contrasted - it's still fairly flat.

















I usually prefer photos, particularly portraits, to have a bluer tone to them so this was quite different editing for me. I contrasted with curves as usual and then added a peach spotlight at the bottom.

























My personal favourite = ).
Used curves to contrast, added blue and magenta to the shadows and yellow (I think..) to the highlights, then lightened some more with curves.

And that be it for today!

siggg

4 comments:

Imogen Blake said...

Aww how nice. :)

Bellatrix said...

That was a scary comment. You're plotting something evil aren't you!? 8|

Imogen Blake said...

Mebbe ... BWAHAHAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

I love all these photos. Especially the 2nd. And 3rd and 4th, actually.