Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Alice in Wonderland/Quote/Diptych Phase.

I've just realised how much Alice in Wonderland has influenced my self portraits.
And seeing as I've just "realised" it it must have been a subconscious influence. Which, I suppose, means that Alice in Wonderland is full of subliminal messages =O.
ok, fine, maybe it's not influenced them but I've had so many comments on some of my photos saying how much it reminds people of Alice in Wonderland = /.
So anyway, I've now realised that I really love AiW hehe. Not the film. Never much liked the film. The Queen of Hearts and the cat were always a bit creepy for me. But the book, well its quotes. And the general "look" of AiW...if you see what I mean. I also love the fact that it was written under the influence of opium, which was quite available as a pain killer, or something, at the time.
Not that I'm promoting drug use. It's just funny and makes you realise how truly weird it is.

So yes.

I've also taken to using quotes as titles to photos.
I've always been a really bad titler. Some of my more thought-out titles include:

Meow
Meow

Cream
Cream

and....


wait for it...

Spider Fluff
Spider fluff

Hm yes. So when in doubt, steal!

Something else I've always been really bad at are diptyches. I'll get two images, think "wow, these could really work together", stick them together and realise that they work together like Galileo and the Church.
BUT I think I'm getting a bit better at them, and thus went a bit doolally yesterday, going on a diptyching spree.
I think that's all I have to say. Here are les photos from yesterday:
(Does anyone know how to upload them on here so that they go under the text???)

































































3 comments:

Andy Andrews said...

Great post Grace. I too am annoyed by the images not importing at the bottom. Surely there has to be an easier way, right? Unfortunately I am not the person to help you solve this dilemma. Although, if you find out, let me know. Thanks.

Take care.

Andy

aristarionne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bellatrix said...

Andy,
thank you, I will do. I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog yet..
I'll get round to that soon =D.

Ella, just a sheet hehe. My carpet is GREEN..