Saturday, January 19, 2008

The things I do for photography.

I've done some quite-weird-ish things in The Name of Photography before but today just takes the biscuit. It doesn't just take it, it steals it quite violently, crumbles it into a thousand pieces and wees all over it.

Our story starts a couple of days ago when our hero went for a walk in order to maintain her super powers. Well, to ensure her legs kept working.
She trundled on for a while until she was quite deep into the countryside. There she was, ambling beside the bracken, when she spotted something in a field. Upon further inspection, she noticed that the "something" was three baths.
She felt this was rather odd and when she later made her way back to HQ she decided she would return to The Field of the Three Baths and take some photos.

So today, I informed my loved ones I would be popping off for a bit to complete my quest of capturing this odd site, and, to my surprise, my brother said he would join me.
As soon as we began our treacherous journey it began to rain. But we are brave and we were not put off.
On and on we went, for what seemed like miles, until eventually we spotted it! The Field of Three Baths was ahead.
As we approached it we realised out first problem. Actually getting into the field. Luckily, with our cunning observational skills we spotted a footpath leading to the field next to it.
It was then that we realised our quest might not be as easy as we first anticipated. A Mighty River had to be crossed before we could get to the opening to The Field of the Three Baths, however this was nothing compared to what was the come next.
With courage and hopes in our hearts we crossed The Mighty River, only to find that in front of the opening was an even more dastardly body of water. I feel we can only refer to this as The Ocean of Death as it was a good 1 foot deep and 5 feet wide.
But we had come so far, we could not let us stop us from reaching our goal. I knew what I had to do. I knew it was the only way. I removed my shoes and stepped into The Ocean of Death.
You can only imagine the horror of crossing this monster of a puddle. I shan't go on about it, it's just too raw in my mind.
Once I had crossed I was triumphed and proceeded to complete the task we had come here for and snapped away at The Baths.
I feel that my brother felt that we had come so far and photos of the bath alone were not reward enough.
His next suggestion shocked me to the core. Words cannot describe the chivalry and pluckiness he demonstrated today.
And thus, my brother, on this January day, with the winds raging and rains..er..pouring, proceeded to remove his hoody and T shirt and get into the bath. All in The Name of Photography.

Bloody hilarious, it was.

Below are photos of the journey and a few of the snaps I got.
Enjoy!:
1Bath 010
Observing The Ocean of Death

2Bath 012
Close-up of The Ocean of Death. I think this photo really captures the doom..ness.

3Bath 017
Reasonably clean and dry feet.

4Bath 020
Foot about to become very wet and dirty

6Bath 045
Very wet and dirty feet.

7Bath 050
My brother making his way across The Ocean of Death

8Bath 053
Wondering whether this is actually something he wants to do.

yesWhat I Did Today

yess

yesCopy of Bath 066ddd

yesBath 09211ff

yesBath 0781

yes Copy of Bath 0592






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I think the second last one is my favourite! Great shots, fair play for getting your feet wet! Now that I think about it, I did the same thing in a field last week! jaysus, photography eh?!

aristarionne said...

I might like the last one. I might. ;p


oh Grace. He looks quite like you.

Bellatrix said...

=O He does not!

Does he?

He does not.

aristarionne said...

yup.

he does.

a male grace.


ooooooh.

XD

Anonymous said...

:) Your brother looks quite cute in that last one!!