Tuesday, April 01, 2008

The AM

I hate that I get ideas for self portraits at 2, 3 or 4am.

I am so uncreative that when an idea does pop into my head I'm swallowed totally and I start planning and brainstorming and trying things out, oblivious to anything else.

But I can't actually get the idea going until it's light, a whole 10 or so hours after I've had the initial idea usually.

And by then I just want to get to the end result. I'm not feeling creative anymore and all I have to go by are the enthusiastic scribbles from the night before when I was so up for my crazy late night notion.


But anyway, I'm staying up all night tonight, so maybe I'll still have that feeling tomorrow - sleep won't have come and snatched it away as usual - turning me into my pessimistic, grouchy, closed, angsty, easily annoyed and frankly quite dull counter-part: Morning Grace.

Lately I've been getting up at about 1 or 2pm - the loss of an hour the other day didn't help - and it's my mum's birthday tomorrow so I'll make an effort. Well, you know, I would make the effort of getting up early but then I would become Super Morning Grace for most of the day and no one wants that on their birthday. Or anytime I shouldn't think.

Last time I did this I think I managed 38 hours of awakeness. It wasn't unpleasant, as such, just very strange. I didn't feel particularly tired or sleepy, only...floaty. The strangest hour was 8am, mainly because I hadn't seen that hour for so long, especially while still in my optimistic, happy, open, giggly, calm and somewhat simple night-time state.

Hm. It's only 2:33am. I want to just keep on typing.
I wonder what I'd end up typing if I did it straight for the next..say..6 hours.
I'd probably write a masterpiece.


Or a whole load of drivel.

Or a mixture of both.

I'm really quite surprised at how long I've kept this blog going for.

If monkeys were really tiny and lived in cities would they be considered a pest?

I wonder what The Queen had for dinner today.

If teleporters were real everytime someone used one they would have to be killed and an exact copy of themselves would be created and formed out of all the bits and bobs of the place they were going to.

I think it's ridiculous to be proud of something you haven't earnt.

God, I love fire.

I never really "get" art. Unless I'm told what I'm supposed to be "getting". I can't create art intentionally. If I draw something that looks half decent it's because I worked out exactly how I was going to do it beforehand or followed instructions.

Orange doesn't ever really work anywhere.

Well, maybe the 70s. But everything worked in the 70s.

Classical music engulfs me more than anything else in the world.

I can't stand sleeping in a double bed.

I don't quite know why I'm splurging all this or if I'll actually post this blog.

It's now 2:47am.

Hmph.

I only genuinely like and wish to be around about 12 people in this whole wide world.

Maybe I should tell those 12 people that.

One of them is Noel Fielding.

Anyone who gives me chocolate or a fluffy toy that's soft and cute will be loved forever by me.

I get very attached to soft toys that are soft and cute.

VERY.

There are at least 5 things in my bedroom that I'm quite terrified of.

I hope if a stranger is reading this that they will comment.

Even if it's to say "Wow..what a sad loser freak you are."

Because then I will know that there is someone in the world who thinks I am a sad loser freak.

And I'll know how it'll feel to know that there is someone in the world who thinks I'm a sad loser freak.

My mum said, for the first time ever, that I was showing too much flesh today.

If I ever write a play I will call it A Play on Words. No matter what it's about.

I have written plays actually.

When I was about 6.

In a shed.

On my dad's computer.

One was called, most originally, "The Cat, The Snake and The Lion"

Because they were the characters.

It had a moral and everything.

I sure am talking about myself a lot. To myself.

Trains are a good invention.

But I wonder what we would have instead if they had never been invented.

Like, if electricity hadn't been discovered, well not electricity itself..but using what we do to generate it, and instead using water and wind and stuff instead, the kind of world we would live in.

That was a poorly constructed sentence.

In 200 years time will the average human be 9 feet tall? And if so will that cause health problems that we don't have now?

I lied. Orange does work on this little fluffy dog Immi gave me.

Egypt was really really unimaginably hot.

As was Rome.

I keep thinking of how certain words originated from Latin words lately.

Heeey we're past 3am.

I often feel guilty about things I'm not even guilty of.

Like, whenever I saw a policeman when I was little I would get panicky.

I think athi
ests are silly and stubborn.

There has to be something, even if it's nothing like anything any human has ever come close to thinking of.

But I also think people who are heavily into their religion, particularly Christians who take every word of the Bible as 100% literal, are silly and stubborn.

I will live by the 10 commandments as best I can and take the rest as stories with morals and handy advice. Not that I've ever read it though..

I hope this has no spelling errors.

Beards are funny.

This is passing the time quite nicely.

For once, at this time of the morning, I don't have any weird cravings.

Although, of course, now I've said that I do.

Crackers. Buttery crackers. Ohhhh.

I shall truly admire and puzzle over anyone who may have read this and come this far.

This must be really boring to read.

My TV creaks a lot.

Should TVs creak?

The other day I was looking at the Tesco Direct catalogue and I found they'd put a 20 inch plasma TV as being £2.27.

I went onto the website and it was sold out and they'd changed the price to £299.

Yesterday night I was thinking how annoyed I'd be if my internet connection broke today and it did.

And I had a Katie Melua song in my head when I was brushing my teeth yesterday and when I came downstairs it was playing on the radio.

And no, I couldn't hear it from upstairs.

James Blunt can't seriously talk in that accent all the time, can he???

I get Winter Blues but I still like winter = /.

I think I should probably end this now.

But I don't want to.

I've been doing it for too long now.

I could do with some Lucozade Sport.

And those crackers.

I hate when people ask questions which, if they actually just took the time to think about for themselves, they could answer and thus understand so much better. Like......why clouds are white/grey but water is translucent.

I hate looking in mirrors when I'm with other people.

When I was little I thought Boyzone were called Boys' Own. Not like pwn kind of own but as in something that belongs to the boys. And I always wondered what it it was that was their own.

The lack of others' logic and general common sense used to puzzle me as well. It still frustrates me a fair bit now.
Like when I was in year 2 and the teacher asked how you would measure the length of something that was curved. I was very shy (Hm, well, still am) and didn't put my hand up, I just expected someone else to get it. But I was confused as to why people were saying things like "You could get a ruler and measure one part and move it around to the next part and measure" and such. After a while my frustration must have overtaken my shyness and I put my hand up and said you could just get some string, put it over the curve and then straighten it out and measure that.

Gosh. I've reverted to talking about me again.

It's 3:33am.

I just know I'm going to regret posting this in the morning (if I do).

But only momentarily.

I love grey clothes.

Is Who Wants to be a Millionaire still around?

I always hated that. It made me depressed.

This must be really long by now.

I do wish I had someone to talk to other than myself right now.

I think I'll go and watch something. Or read something. Just find some other means of entertaining myself.

That wasn't supposed to sound dodgy. I do apologise if it did.

Not that anyone will have read this far.

Bye now.













14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am a strange, and you are......wierd :) Sorry!

Bellatrix said...

Thanks "Anonymous"....
I should really make this blog only viewable by people I want to view it.

Andrés said...

Stranger here. Read and commented.

That was nice to read. Loved the randomness... the question about the tiny monkeys really made me smile :)

BlankPhotog said...

Orange works with black, in stripes, and in places where red is too dark!

Also, "sad loser freak", your random string of phrases reminds me a lot of my teen years, and this makes me ask: Have you been sniffing mercury?

Good blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Without electricity as we know it, we'd hopefully be in a steampunk style world.

Beards, so you know, are in fact brilliant. Just look at Ryan Reynolds in Smokin Aces for proof.

Fundamentalist Athiests, if you will, who let their belief become their only feature, are just as stupid as any fundamentalist believer. You can get those, like myself, who don't believe in God ( regardless of his Catholic upbringing ) but don't let it define them. That there are other facets.

I'm mayhaps not explaining that very well...at least you had the excuse of it being 3am...I'm just conversationally retarded :(

All in, your post makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm offended. I'm an athiest and I am not silly nor stubborn.

Just because I don't beleive what you do doesn't make me a bad person.

Anonymous said...

ahh. that was fun to read. XP

aristarionne said...

I have a theory that James Blunt is only intelligible when he sings. And yet when he sings I can't listen for 3 minutes without thinking "good God why is he so depressing", and shut off the CD.
He writes beautifully though.

You, child, are one the different ones.

I think you're probably supersmart Grace. But you're funny and modest to go with it, so you don't end up bragging. But you're very very interesting to me, and not just because you live in a place faraway from me, and live a life that is so different from mine. You have a mind, that I (who dearly wants to be a psychologist), that I would like to study. Normal people are boring. People with thoughts are cool.
Weird people are those who see things better.

I actually still have a load of stuff I want to ask you, but I'm shy and scared. But I'll probably pester you in time.

aristarionne said...

one *of* the different ones.

Lord kill all typo tendencies!!!

I think agnostics are the ones who don't believe in God, Grace.

atheists just don't follow specific religions and don't believe in any existent "God". But anyway on their death bed they'll be the ones choking "I see the light *splutter* yes! *gasp* God light, white!*last inhaling of oxygen* I believe!!"

Imogen Blake said...

You are insane.

But in a good way.

Anonymous said...

That was sincerely entertaining. I must say that this reminded me of my bio and other splurged out words from my own blog.

Let me also add that I adore the UK and secretly wish to reside theresome day(though secretly is only a silly expression that I throw into most of my opinions).

Thank you for giving me somethingto relate to in such a big way :) :)

//VK

Anonymous said...

Yep its true your a mad bat!

Anonymous said...

But you do take great photos....

Anonymous said...

This is quite fabulous indeed. Anyone who doesn't think like this is a weird freak =)

Yeah that includes all you people down there calling her weird =P