Sunday, August 05, 2007

Back on England's green and pleasant land


Phwoof.

I'm back.
With about 1000 photos, a sunburnt tummy and the Titanic theme stuck in my head.
I have a few tales from my trip, gather round and I shall tell ye *Puffs on pipe*

Our cabin had a window, a window with a big sill part that could be sat in quite comfortably. Here, I'll show you:
On board
Like that.
So, when we first got into our cabin, I climbed over a little table and sat on there, watching the port.
A few minutes later a voice comes out of nowhere saying "911 emergency services, how can I help?"
My mum realises I had stepped on the emergency button on the phone while getting onto the window so starts telling the curtains (obviously..) that I had stepped on it and apologising.

Then, the following day, my dad tried to order room service...only he pressed the wrong button and ended up asking emergency services for a ham sandwich and some crisps, please.

I don't think they were too happy with us.

I think it was day 3 that we arrived in Vigo, in Spain. We ended up in a shopping centre (I don't know how that happened *shifty eyes*) and eventually found a little cafe. I ordered two coffees and a coke absolutely fine but then my mum wanted to know if they had any cakes.
Feeling fairly confident I asked the waiter if we could see the "pastillas" He gave me a confused looks, but I persisted. Eventually he goes "You want to go to the pharmacy? You have a pain?" It was then that I realised I should have been asking for "pasteles" and not "pastillas", which are pills...

Anyway, just before boarding the ship again we went to a fish restaurant type place. I noticed they had a tank full of huuuge crabs and pointed them out to my mum. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I am absolutely terrified of crustaceans. Anyway, I'm pointing away when the waiter comes over and says "You want to see them?" I quite clearly say "Nooo! NOOOOO!" but he walks over to the tank and PICKS ONE UP and starts walking towards me.
I was gone. There was nooo way I was hanging around. I ran right up the little street and stayed there til I decided it was safe to come back.
When I did come back the owner of the restaurant next door came over and started shouted in Spanish to the waiter at the place we were at, saying his fish wasn't fresh and so on. It was really funny.
Then he went off for a bit, only to come back and start accusing the other guy of taking cocaine. It was really odd.

So that was Vigo. I think I'll post about each place separately, I'll leave you with some Vigo photos.

G'night

A passing dog in a fountain near a castle:
Dawwgy

Ship in Vigo




































sigg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heyya bellatrix! emagawd you are not a bad blogger at all. At least I did not die halfway through your entry. Gee, Spain sounds really funny if I base it solely on your experience. the bit about you fleeing from the horror of a waiter with a crab in his hand got me in hysterics. that phobia is real then. wow. I didn't even know it's possible to be scared of crustaceans. all I run away from are things with wings and more than 4 legs. boring I know. salute! awesome entry. looking 4ward to more!